Thank you for visiting this page for more information and instructions about the fabric masks. Here you will find care instructions, important information and some FAQ’s.
*but first, a disclaimer! We, Samantha Welsh and Lorraine Lefort are not medical professionals, we are avid crafters with no prior experience making masks during a pandemic. We make no claims regarding these masks. Use these masks at your own risk under the guidelines suggested by your government health services. These are not medical-grade masks nor should they be substituted for medical-grade masks. These masks should not be used by medical providers. These masks are sometimes made with donated fabric, we cannot guarantee the source of the material but we do pre-wash it . These masks can’t and won’t guarantee your safety, but according to the following articles may be a good idea: World Health Organization, The Guardian, CDC.gov
About your mask:
- Our fabric masks are 100% cotton (they are pre-shrunk & pre-washed)
- The mask opens in the centre if you would like to tuck in additional material/filters/ etc – See video below!
- Elastics are adjustable. Simply untie and re-tie the knots to the measurements you need to best fit around your ears/face. – See video below!
- There is a top and a bottom to your mask! The top part is stiffer, we have sewn in a metal strip so that you can form it around your nose and face for a closer-contact fit.
Adjusting your mask and adding a filter
Caring for your Mask:
- Wash your mask with hot water and detergent, we recommend washing after any use. You can wash in the machine or by hand.
- You can re-iron your mask once dry.
Ways to contribute:
We are looking for more 100% cotton fabric and supplies (such as 1/4″ elastic, serger cone thread, machine thread) to continue to make more masks. If you would like to donate please send us an e-transfer. We have set up firstname.lastname@example.org for all mask donations! All donations will go towards making more masks. We have made over 4000 masks to date and we are still going!! So many great organizations to be giving masks to <3 Thank you and stay safe.
Donations welcome to email@example.com
~Samantha & Lorraine
Looking to buy some more masks?! Head over to the Banff Farmer’s Market on Wednesdays in June from 10-4pm or find us on Facebook to see if we have any for sale.